Whether your gum disease is mild or serious, it’s important that you know what type it is. This way, you can address the infection appropriately, leading to a more effective treatment. Of course, your dentist knows what to do. Check this infographic presented by Felt Family Dentistry. It explains the different types of gum disease.
- Gingivitis – Mildest form of gum disease. It causes the gums to become swollen.
- Perio-endo Lesion — An infection that starts in the root of the tooth and then advances to the gingiva.
- Periodontal Abscess – Develops within the gingival pocket.
- Chronic Periodontitis – A disease that starts from gingivitis. Symptoms include swelling and bone destruction.
- Gingival Recession – The main sign is when the root of the tooth is exposed.