When life is dependent on the prescriptions or treatments, information about the patient’s condition is crucial. Part of your job is to gather the patient’s information such as their physical stats and symptoms they have felt. To be a good intern, you can avoid possible medical errors by following the tips from this infographic.
- Have a structured information gathering methods. Ensure that nothing’s left out your checklists.
- Involve the pharmacists in the prescription process.
- Avoid infections through sanitizing the medical facility.
- Don’t make diagnostic errors.
- Us electronic health records so you’ll have a bank of data about the patient’s medical history.