Steps for how to file mechanics lien:-
- Right to file – Ensure your work and materials qualify for lien for your construction project
- Draft the lien – You need to draft the lien with all the information of lien amount, name of claimant describing the property.
- File your lien – File your lien online or any county clerk’s office. Use lien filing service.
- Notifying parties – Need to notify the people involved in the construction projects about the lien, those who are affected by the lien.
- Release your lien – Once you receive your payment you can release your lien or take steps like extending or enforcing your lien.