Before getting the help of a cleanup company after the flood, you can do some cleaning on your own. The first area you need to look at is your basement. Then follow the suggestions from this infographic.
- Choose the appropriate equipment such as portable sump pump or a wet vacuum.
- Using the equipment, begin to remove the water from your house.
- Dry the area by opening your doors and windows as soon as the rain stopped and the sun starts to heat up.
- Do some flood-related safety inspection to avoid more problems even when the flood is over.
- Check the carpets and better if you will just throw them away.
- Disinfect the basement because there might be some bacteria left.