There will always be two sides of the story and whichever you believe depends on which you perceive is true. The case of marijuana usage in the United States of America started from the time the Portuguese brought the plant to the country. The infographic here details how marihuana reached America.
- It was used to pacify slaves.
- It was taxed heavily and so income was earned tremendously.
- The Mexican revolution in 1910 to 1911 forced Mexicans who brought Marijuana with them to cross the boundaries
- It was used to be known as colored people’s drug but eventually, the whites have discovered and used it.
- The growth of Marijuana usage was due to constant contacts with the immigrants.